Andrew, Georgia and family invite you to consider our beautiful riverside house for your next holiday or short break. Situated on the banks of the River Aude in picturesque Quillan, “Chateau View” is the ideal base from which to enjoy all sorts of holiday activities and to explore this part of the Languedoc-Roussillon region of southern France.
So whether it’s walking in the Pyrénées foothills, following the Cathar Trail (Sentier Cathar), exploring mediaeval castles, visiting ruined or working monasteries, investigating the Rennes le Chateau mystery and its references in the Da Vinci Code, touring the local vineyards for a spot of wine tasting, trout fishing on the river Aude or maybe something more invigorating such as white-water sports or cycling or hiking in the hills, and you’re wondering where to stay, this is just the place to base your holiday! Of course, if you just want to sit and enjoy total relaxation then uncork the wine and watch the world go by from a sunny balcony overlooking the river.
- Beautiful traditional riverside house with a view from every window
- Two spacious triple bedrooms each with a double and a single bed
- Each bedroom has its own fully equipped en-suite shower room
- Large sitting room with stunning views
- Breakfast kitchen leading to…
- Sunny balcony overlooking the river Aude
- Tile staircase with Atrium
- Renovated and furnished to high standard
- Freshly laundered towels and bedding
- In the heart of old Quillan with its cafés, restaurants and local shops
- Enjoy the stunning views and soak in the sights and sounds of picturesque Quillan
Quillan is a small historic town nestled into the foothills of the Pyrénées, on the banks of the river Aude. It has a vibrant and active culture and puts on many wonderful free events throughout the summer months for its visitors and residents to enjoy. The Guitar Festival, Jazz Weekend, International Folklore Festival, the internationally renowned Criterium cycle race held in Quillan are to name but a few. Of course the Tour de France comes through Quillan most years too! The town of Quillan publishes a calendar online, so you can find out more about the events and view the calendar of what’s on and when in Quillan.
If you book one of our guest bedrooms for a bed & breakfast stay, you will be treated to a continental breakfast buffet each morning, and will have shared access throughout your stay to the sitting room with views over the river, the breakfast kitchen with tea/coffee-making facilities and the riverside balcony.